Exporting an OS Update on Stagenow

I am trying to export an OS update for MDM on StageNow 3.0 and I am running into an error "Cannot export profiles with attached files". When I try to make a new Profile for an OS update without any attached files, I get stuck in the process because it requires a file to be attached. The OS update is the Nougat update for the TC56. I need to export the profile so I can go through the process on this discussion: .

Anonymous (not verified)
If you use StageNow 3.0 which

If you use StageNow 3.0 which has just been released, you can include an externally FTP-hosted file directly in the profile without needing to manipulate the exported XML i.e. it is supported as a standard feature of SN 3.0 :-)

Note that the URL format required in the FileMgr step is as follows:

ftp-p://username:password@hostname:21/path/filename.ext

Vote: 
Vote up!
Vote down!

You voted ‘up’

tullio agriesti
Is SFTP supported for 3.0,

Is SFTP supported for 3.0, because I saw in the bottom of the thread I linked that it is not yet implemented, but that was March 24

Vote: 
Vote up!
Vote down!

You voted ‘up’

Matt Dermody
What MDM are you using? I

What MDM are you using? I would suggest distributing the ZIP through the MDM and then use just an MX profile for applying the update. In the case of SOTI you can even use a post-install script of install_system_update without having to involve StageNow or an MX profile.

Vote: 
Vote up!
Vote down!

You voted ‘up’