Zebra TC75X -> what is GMS and NO GMS device ? BSP ?

Hello all,

we have a lot of device zebra TC75X.
I have migrate the device all device under android 6 to android 7 in the begining of this year without any problem.

But I would like to know if I have make some error or not ...
We don't have any google account on our device so, I have downloaded the zip for to upgrade the device on the page NO GMS.

It's just for my knowledge, how I can identity a device GMS and a device NO GMS ?
And also, a device in GMS can be upgrade to no gms and the revert is also possible ?

Also, what is the BSP could you explain me in some word ?

thanks for your time

Zachary Taylor
Not a pro, but

Hi Bernard,

I am not a developer, but I manage these devices for one of our company's Fulfillment Centers.

----- It's just for my knowledge, how I can identity a device GMS and a device NO GMS ?

The only way I know how is to look at the OS type installed located in Settings > About phone > SW components.

Here are 2 filenames:

FPU_ATLAS_02-07-08.00-NG-U00-STD.zip (GMS)
FPU_ATLAS_02-07-08.00-NN-U00-STD.zip (non-GMS)

Notice the 'G' in the filename above, indicating Gms, the other being Non-gms.

----- And also, a device in GMS can be upgrade to no gms and the revert is also possible ?
I have done so with a TC70x without issue. Both Zebra and Google advise a factory reset after converting from one to the other however.

----- Also, what is the BSP could you explain me in some word ?

I believe it stands for Base Service Pack. Similar to the way Windows XP and Vista had Service Packs, but that's easily googled.

Hope that helps.

Vote: 
Vote up!
Vote down!

You voted ‘up’

christophe bernard
Hello zachary taylor,

Hello zachary taylor,

thanks for your time and your explanation.

great to share knowledge :)
christophe

Vote: 
Vote up!
Vote down!

You voted ‘up’

Angelo Cargnel
More info

???? And also, a device in GMS can be upgrade to no gms and the revert is also possible ????

Please be aware that in case of a repair of a device you will always get back the device with the OS the device was originally delivered.
So if you revert a GMS device to Non-GMS, send it to repair, you will get it back with a GMS OS.

???? Also, what is the BSP could you explain me in some word ????

BSP stands for "Board Support Package". This is the Zebra term for an OS that supports a special platform.
E.g. ATLAS which stands for TC51, MC33, etc...

Vote: 
Vote up!
Vote down!

You voted ‘up’

christophe bernard
Hello angelo cargnel,

Hello angelo cargnel,

thanks guy for sharing knowledge
i m really appreciate this job :)

Vote: 
Vote up!
Vote down!