TC72 device is not supported on the Play store (again) - Corrected

Hello,

We develop a Xamarin app for Android that I test with a TC25. We just got a report from a customer that bought a TC72 (ZEB-TC72L-OME24B0-NA) (EDITED from TC70) and is not able to download the app from the App Store with the error message that the device isn’t compatible with her version. I found this thread in the forum:

https://developer.zebra.com/thread/35907

Which is related but my manifest does not have the SEND_SMS so it must be another permission that must be changed. Here is my manifest and would you please let me know what could be the offending permission request?

<uses-sdk android:minSdkVersion="17" android:targetSdkVersion="28" />
<uses-permission android:name="android.permission.INTERNET" />
<uses-permission android:name="android.permission.CAMERA" />
<uses-permission android:name="android.permission.ACCESS_COARSE_LOCATION" />
<uses-permission android:name="android.permission.ACCESS_FINE_LOCATION" />
<uses-permission android:name="com.android.launcher.permission.INSTALL_SHORTCUT" />
<uses-permission android:name="com.android.launcher.permission.UNINSTALL_SHORTCUT" />
<uses-permission android:name="android.permission.ACCESS_NETWORK_STATE" />
<uses-permission android:name="android.permission.VIBRATE" />
<!-- START: ShortcutBadger -->
<!-- Samsung -->
<uses-permission android:name="com.sec.android.provider.badge.permission.READ" />
<uses-permission android:name="com.sec.android.provider.badge.permission.WRITE" />
<!-- HTC -->
<uses-permission android:name="com.htc.launcher.permission.READ_SETTINGS" />
<uses-permission android:name="com.htc.launcher.permission.UPDATE_SHORTCUT" />
<!-- Sony -->
<uses-permission android:name="com.sonyericsson.home.permission.BROADCAST_BADGE" />
<uses-permission android:name="com.sonymobile.home.permission.PROVIDER_INSERT_BADGE" />
<!-- Apex -->
<uses-permission android:name="com.anddoes.launcher.permission.UPDATE_COUNT" />
<!-- Solid -->
<uses-permission android:name="com.majeur.launcher.permission.UPDATE_BADGE" />
<!-- Huawei -->
<uses-permission android:name="com.huawei.android.launcher.permission.CHANGE_BADGE" />
<uses-permission android:name="com.huawei.android.launcher.permission.READ_SETTINGS" />
<uses-permission android:name="com.huawei.android.launcher.permission.WRITE_SETTINGS" />
<!-- End: ShortcutBadger -->
<uses-permission android:name="com.sec.android.provider.badge.BadgeProvider" />
<uses-permission android:name="android.permission.WRITE_SETTINGS" />
<uses-permission android:name="android.permission.NFC" />
<application android:label="@string/app_name" android:largeHeap="@bool/largeheap" android:icon="@drawable/icon">
<provider android:name="android.support.v4.content.FileProvider" android:authorities="com.*APPNAME*.handheld.fileprovider" android:exported="false" android:grantUriPermissions="true">
<meta-data android:name="android.support.FILE_PROVIDER_PATHS" android:resource="@xml/file_paths"></meta-data>
</provider>
</application>

Thanks.

Darryn Campbell
TC72 is a non-WAN device,

TC72 is a non-WAN device, perhaps remove the fine permission request? Everything else looks OK

Vote: 
Vote up!
Vote down!

You voted ‘up’

Jose Dias
Thanks, but I think that

Thanks, but I think that would impact the other models GPS/Location performance, wouldn't it?

EDIT: Disregard what I wrote above, I will try that by setting its android:required="false"

Vote: 
Vote up!
Vote down!

You voted ‘up’

Darryn Campbell
I cannot find any clear

I cannot find any clear documentation but yes, re-reading online I agree with your edit, try:

<uses-permission android:name="android.permission.ACCESS_COARSE_LOCATION" />  
  <uses-permission android:name="android.permission.ACCESS_FINE_LOCATION" />
  <uses-feature android:name="android.hardware.location.gps" android:required="false" />
Vote: 
Vote up!
Vote down!

You voted ‘up’

Jose Dias
Thanks, I actually used the

Thanks, I actually used the following:

<uses-feature android:name="android.hardware.location" android:required="false"/>

Which may be overkill since it makes both GPS and Network locations optional. I found the documentation at:

https://developer.android.com/guide/topics/manifest/uses-feature-element...

I will update the thread when I get the results from the customer.

Vote: 
Vote up!
Vote down!

You voted ‘up’

Jose Dias
Just for the record and in

Just for the record and in case somebody else is looking for the answer. This was solved by adding the following to the manifest:

<uses-feature android:name="android.hardware.location.gps" android:required="false" />
<uses-feature android:name="android.hardware.location.network" android:required="false" />

Vote: 
Vote up!
Vote down!

You voted ‘up’